IBAAW

I'm Aisling. I'm a "dorkerella," on the never ending quest to be the world's greatest know-it-all. This is my story.

09 November 2006

 

Lockdown ;_;

Wow, this is one exciting week! Actually, this evening was kind of scary. Actually, it was really scary!

I was just sitting around, watching Dr. Phil (which was realllly good) and listening to songs on my mp3, and a news bulletin came up with Jocelyn Laidlaw. So I glance up and she's like "...a southeast elementary is in lockdown..." and I sit right up, and they say it's the school my mom works at. So, I'm up, out of my seat, I ran into the counter and hurt myself and call my dad. But my dad was distracted by the fact that a song by a guy we know was on the radio! So, I called Justine, and talked to her until my dad came home, and the news was on. Apparently, a student said she saw a lady with a weapon around the school. Naturally, the school went into lockdown.

The rest we found out when my mom finally got home at 6pm.

For a while, everyone was locked in their classrooms, or in my mom's case, the library office. She had 3 kids with her. So they were like that for 45mins or so, and the police are checking every classroom. Then they're all told to go to the gym, and they all had to walk by police officers with huge machine guns. Which obviously freaked the kids out, and everyone was panicked. In the gym they found out the lockdown was for safety and that nobody had been found that matched the description, and K-9 units were checking te area.

So, my mom had to help get busses organized, so the police had to watch her go outside, because the parents are all hysterical and asking questions. Then she had to go back inside and some parents were yelling about her being let back in until a police officer recognized her and let her in. Apparently there were some very vicious rumours floating around the groups of parents.

Anyway, then all the kids and parents were reunited and all cried.

So... yeah, scary, huh?

Labels:


Comments:
wow. That sounds extreme.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

April 1988   January 2004   December 2004   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   March 2008   September 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]