IBAAW

I'm Aisling. I'm a "dorkerella," on the never ending quest to be the world's greatest know-it-all. This is my story.

06 June 2007

 

Feeling a little bit better...

There's been some tension in the house the last few days. I won't go into specifics, because this blog is too public, and really house matters belong in the house, not floating along internet wires. Anyway, a couple people were upset by a recent change in group dynamic, and last night after our committee meeting, it became really obvious. We all just sort of sat there and you could taste the tension. So, we quickly all split up. A couple people went for a walk, a couple for a smoke, I went for a walk by myself (and got completely soaked in the rain). I came back after about 15 mins, and went to sit with Anny and Alex who were smoking vanilla cigars on the deck. We said a few words in regards to the tension, and me, being so afraid of confrontation said "You know it's bad when I'd rather go shiver in the rain, than sit in that room with everyone like that." And, like the stupid clockwork that is my life, Gwobs comes back from the dépanneur and tells us all to get back into the living room, so we can discuss this new "group issue." Group issues are directly from the Katimavik handbook. They are, quite simply, issues that affect the group. Group issues suck.

Insert awkward "group issues" conversation, that always involves people getting more hurt, but also kind of starts the ball rolling toward things getting better (we hope.).

Anyway, afterward, we all felt a bit better, I think. But still, it will take us several days to get sort of back to where we were. Truthfully, we'll never be back to the way we were. The dynamic has changed and that's the way it will be until August 22nd. And we just have to live with it.

On another completely different topic. House Managering has been good so far. Nick loves meat, so we bought SO MUCH. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Our bread was HUGE and fantastic! And so far meals are going pretty good!!! So.... yeah! I used to hatehatehate HMing with a passion, but ever since last time, it has been rather enjoyable. It's weird to think I'll only be doing it again one more time before I go home!!!!

We have 2 French classes this week, and the second one is tonight. On Monday's class, I finished all the sheets, including the ones we didn't have to do, in about 10 minutes. Then the prof gave me the Classement Test, and he said my errors were just little ones that even French people make. So, I talked to the girls at home about it, and they pretty much said I should drop the class, and just stay home and talk in French with them. Even the PC said I wasn't obligated to go, so... we'll see!


EDIT:

Okay, so I decided to just add on to this one.

Firstly, I found out that my friend Andrea's brother, Dave, passed away a couple weeks ago. I am so completely heartbroken, and I hope anyone who reads this will keep their family in their thoughts and prayers.

French class tonight wasn't so bad, and I've asked the prof for more work at my level, so we'll see how it goes!

My mommy says if I send her the money for my Harry Potter book she'll order it for me! Otherwise, I will have to wait until I get home, and I can't, I can't, I can't!!!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Ashy, don't get too down about what's going on in the house, not that I know what's going on, but things change, people change. As it gets closer to the end people get stressed and do or say stupid things, possibly thinking 'what's the point, I might never see them again'

Take it from someone who already had to say goodbye.

<3 Mélissa
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

April 1988   January 2004   December 2004   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   March 2008   September 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]